Better Living with relationship OCD
This is a 6-week long course aimed at relationship OCD sufferers (or their partners). The main purpose of this course is to equip the learners with the necessary tools to better manage rOCD. We have built this course on top of more than 5 years of practical experience in helping rOCD sufferers.
This course is not intended to replace sound medical advice but rather to complement it.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify which principles are important to build a successful recovery from OCD.
- Understand the importance of building a value-based relationship.
- Identify behaviours that negatively impact their OCD.
- Identify behaviours that positively impact their OCD.
- Describe the different options for OCD treatment and how they might apply to their personal preferences and circumstances.
- Learn to apply mindfulness practice to their day-to-day living.
- Formulate their own recovery plan for OCD.
|Module 1||Principles for a successful recovery|
|Unit 1||Course Introduction|
|Unit 2||Prioritisation, Planning and Organisation|
|Unit 3||Focus on process not end result|
|Unit 4||Building Resilience|
|Module 2||Nurturing a Value-based relationship|
|Unit 1||Good Communication|
|Unit 2||Selflessness vs Selfishness|
|Unit 3||What is love?|
|Module 3||Gaining a better insight into your OCD|
|Unit 1||Understanding Addiction|
|Unit 2||Understanding OCD|
|Unit 3||Your OCD and You|
|Module 4||Exploring treatment options for OCD|
|Unit 1||Medical therapy|
|Unit 2||Talk therapy|
|Unit 3||Self-help therapy|
|Module 5||Learning to Live in the Present moment|
|Unit 1||Practical Mindfulness #1|
|Unit 2||Practical Mindfulness #2|
|Unit 3||Practical Mindfulness #3|
|Module 6||Building your own recovery plan|
|Unit 1||Keeping your tank full|
|Unit 2||Final Thoughts|
|Unit 3||Putting the Plan together|
|Unit 4||Extended Q&A|