Why life coaching for relationship OCD sufferers?
The job of a life coach is to help you balance your life in the midst of all of the rOCD anxiety. A good life coach will help you keep focused on those things that will bring the desired results. Every individual is unique and even though the principles for a good recovery stay the same, sometimes some adaption is needed.
Why life coaching with us?
- Our main experience and expertise is relationship OCD. Many rOCD sufferers struggle to find specialised help and in the end, might receive the wrong type of advice.
- I have experienced the emotional, physical and mental difficulties that come with rOCD and therefore understand the daily struggles.
- I have helped other people on the road to recovery. Most of the credit goes to them because they committed themselves to put the effort in.
- Life coaching will be firm but fair. My goal is to help you help yourself.
- I have recovered from rOCD. It was not easy but most of all, it was all worth it.
- There will be lots of homework including reading, thinking and meditating.
- Good value – sessions are 55 USD per hour. This is specialised rOCD help not general advice.
- Life coaching is action focused rather than just talking focused. We will talk about your daily experiences with rOCD and how to approach them in a more constructive manner.
- We will set realistic goals together to manage your relationship OCD.
- Suited as well for partners of rOCD sufferers.
A testimonial about our life coaching services:
I can’t express how grateful I am for Bruno and his guidance. After 5 sessions with him I am finally at a place where I am content. What do I mean by content? Well, I don’t mean that the thoughts are gone and I don’t mean that I have discovered how to have 24/7 feelings for my husband. What I mean is that I have learned how to enjoy my life and my marriage despite the thoughts. I truly can say that thoughts are just thoughts now. Living with an OCD brain is quite the adventure and I can most definitely say that it has made me a more compassionate person.
I started having OCD when I was 15 years old and am now 25. My OCD has changed forms from HOCD, POCD, Scrupulosity OCD, Harm OCD and ROCD. The type of OCD that has always tended to follow me is the ROCD because I value a loving relationship. I am realizing that mature love is FAR more meaningful than infatuation because mature love is stable, consistent and dependable. I have learned that it doesn’t matter what the thought is, it is just a thought. I promise you that if you tell yourself when you have any negative thought related to your relationship “that is just an OCD thought” and then focus on something positive (I personally love reading and spending time with my son), the thoughts will become less and less powerful over time.
If you want to live a life that allows you to break free from the bonage of OCD, continue that process and remove the expectation of that thought going away. I have suffered for a long time and my suffering is one thing that is under my control, the thoughts are not. I committed to putting away the relationship books, giving up the google searches for ” what is love?” (and other various relationship topics), putting away the OCD books and just focusing on what matters in the present moment. For me, what matters is my faith in God, for me what matters is learning hobbies and finding things that I find pleasure in (i know it is hard to do this when you have rocd but it takes ACTION to remove the chains of bondage from rOCD and those chains have NOTHING to do with the relationship), for me what matters is learning to live with the thoughts and treating them just as thoughts.
I will also say that I am taking sertraline (Zoloft), it took me 4 months of being on the medication and now taking 150 mg a day of the medication in order to be able to really grasp that it was my OCD and not my relationship fully. (simply because logic will not make OCD go away). I have an OCD brain, it is wired differently and God gave me this brain for a reason. My OCD brain has made me a better person and someday you will realize that it has made you a better person as well. All you have to do is stop focusing on the relationship and start focusing on your values and your life.
Thank you Bruno for being such a blessing to myself and my family. I now have a baby on the way to really look forward to and I feel prepared for my husbands deployment. I will now be a better mother, wife and child of God because I committed to focusing on my values and accepting that I have OCD.
God Bless you all,
For more detailed information
I would recommend having a look at this post where I describe the seven different stages of my rOCD journey.
For more detailed information about the life coaching sessions have a look at the Welcome Pack below.Welcome pack
Still have some questions? Why not drop us a line?